Gå til innhold

Speed in Norway

Ranger emnet

dance

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi...

looking for some practical help with speed in Norway. I've noticed you are all very strict here about speed. On the motorway, though, where the limit is 80km, lots and lots of people do 100km or more. How do they know it is safe to do this? Are they relying on the hope that there won't be a radar check? Am I in a good position if I follow a car doing c100km - I won't get radar checked?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi...

looking for some practical help with speed in Norway. I've noticed you are all very strict here about speed. On the motorway, though, where the limit is 80km, lots and lots of people do 100km or more. How do they know it is safe to do this? Are they relying on the hope that there won't be a radar check? Am I in a good position if I follow a car doing c100km - I won't get radar checked?

Hehe, you dont`t know if its "safe" ;) But after a while you know where they usually have radar controls (on/off ramps mostly), just be careful with police cars on the road. Use the rear view mirror and check for cars "following" you... Personally I think that the 80km/h limit is a joke on many of the roads.

Where are you from btw? Living in Skien....?

A.J.

Ps: Slow down when you see one of these, hehe

boks3.gif

- 1973 Porsche 911 RSR

- 1990 Mazda 626 GLX Plus

- 1985 VW Polo Coupe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi...

Easiest way is to blend in with the traffic. If the avarage speed is 100, you go 100. Just make sure you don't stand out in the crowd by going 130. That way, the risk of being pulled over is minimum.

Radar check is out of date. Laser check is the thing now.

Chrysler Stratus 2.0

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I know of people that held 100km/h in 80 zones together with about 10-15 ordinary cars. And the cops pulled over the whole lot, and fined them all.

One thing you have to learn about the Norwegian cops. If they'r in a good mood, you can get away with 200 in 80 zone.

But if they're in a real shitty mood, like they mostly are. You'll experience the Norwegian Police Ltd. The biggest moneymaker in Norway, after Statoil and Shell.

[ ]'02 Impreza WRX

[x]'83 Starlet KP61

[x]'98 Impreza GT

[x]'91 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo US-spec

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If they'r in a good mood, you can get away with 200 in 80 zone.

That's putting things on the edge.

Just don't be the car who drives fastest, or in the front. And also, don't go any more than 100km/t if you don't know the road..

And if you see this sign, slow down to the speedlimit (or slower) until you have passed this..

1133158246918_940.gif --> fotoboks.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, never feel to safe.. I was in the middle of 3 cars, all of us drived 75-80km/h and the limit on this road was 60km/t... We where followed by a completly standard Volvo 850, offcourse they choosed me in that blue fucking Golf, so.... They fined me and..

- 76km/h (average speed)..

- 4200kr straight out of mye wallet..

- Two dots on my drivinglicence, not faultless anymore :(

Expensive day...

O Saab 900S (1997 - Bruksbil)

X VW Golf 2 GT (1988 - Delebil)

X Volvo 940GL (1991 - Bruksbil)

X Volvo 740GL (1989 - Bruksbil)

X Opel Omega 2.0 16v (1997 - Bruksbil)
X VW Golf 2 1.8 Sport (1985 - Bruksbil)
X VW Golf 2 1.6 GL (1990 - Bruksbil)
X VW Golf 2 GTI 8v (1985 - Delebil)
O VW Golf 2 1.6 CL (1986/87 - Ombygd til GTI)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest sicarlse

you also have to slow down if you see a blue sign with the text: "automatisk trafikkontrol". same as adivass refers to.

but you are never "safe", many people have lost their certifikate by civile policecars following them. typically civile police cars are "stock" cars with extra equipment such as hidden lights and strobes, often ceveral antennas on the roof for internal communication also.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest sicarlse

youll never know:) you will se the flash pretty clear, but the fine will arrive in everything from 1week(?) to half a year.

here is a list of the fines you will get for different speeds:

fartsgrense: brudd på fratgrensa: bot:

speedlimit

60 km/t or lower: up to 5 km/t to fast: kr.600

60 km/t or lower: from 6km/T to 10 km/t kr 1600

60 km/t or lower: from 11 to 15 km/t kr 2900/

60 km/t or lower: from 16 to 20 km/t kr 4200/

60 km/t or lower: 21 to 25 km/t kr 6500/

70 km/t or higher: up to5 km/t kr 600

70 km/t or higher: 6 to 10 km/t kr 1600

70 km/t or higher: 11 to 15 km/t kr 2600

70 km/t or higher: 16 to 20 km/t kr 3600

70 km/t or higher: 21 to 25 km/t kr 4900/

70 km/t or higher: 26 to 30 km/t kr 6500/

70 km/t or higher: 31 to 35 km/t kr 7800/

over 25km/t to fast in the 60 and over 35km/t to fast in the 70zone you will loose your certifikate:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider