Gå til innhold

grevde ned en plymouth i 1957. skal greves opp i 2007... (med bilder)

Ranger emnet

Anbefalte innlegg

Blir nok bra vis Boyd å dem ordner den opp.. meen blir ikke lett.

"som vanlig" så blir nok masse banning der :)

//Vegard

Han skal jo ikkje gjøre noe me den..!!! Les da

Vet ikke om dette har blitt tatt opp før, men innlegg på Boyd's hjemmeside gir kanskje noen pekepinn på hva som vil skje:

::Restoring the 1957 Belvedere::

"The TV crew did go to Tulsa to film the event, but the car was a total loss. It's been submerged in water for 50 years. The metal is gone. Our guy Chris Smith was there and said you could actually put your finger thru the side of the car. No resurrecting that one. What a shame."

"Its a shame that the car was in such bad shape. The body was paper thin in some places and the interior was severly damaged, the rear leaf springs had rusted and broke off. When Dan pulled out the oil dipstick, water poured out. The car must have been submerged in water several times over the last fifty years. For all of us involved, it was an honor to be a part of their history. We did our best to help preserve the car and its contents by being as careful as possible. I hope that the car would be put into a museum and appreciated for what she is, as a piece of Tulsa's wonderful history. Chris"

Museum neste... :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Svar 166
  • Created
  • Siste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Noen som vet noe mer om hvordan det går med denne bilen?veldig trist att den har stått i vann i så mange år.Tro hva de lyse hoder som konstruerte denne "krypten" tenkte påalacocaina ?Jeg kan tenke meg att nå når bilen står oppe fra graven sin,så ruster den omtrent som man kan både se og høre det..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 weeks later...

The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere was buried in honor of Tulsa's 50th birthday celebration in 1957. It was unearthed during a centennial celebration last month and awarded to Bowling Green, Md., resident Catherine Johnson. Johnson, who is in her 90s, is the closest living relative of the late Ray Humbertson, who, 50 years ago, submitted the closest prediction of the city's current population. Humbertson died in 1979.

Johnson's nephew Robert Carney, of Frederick, is scheduled to receive the car at a ceremony in Tulsa on Sept. 14. He told The Frederick News-Post on Tuesday that he will bring it back to Frederick and work with Ultra One Corp., New Jersey-based maker of rust-removal products, to remove 50 years of rust and make the car presentable.

Carney won't do a full restoration, which he said would reduce the car's historic value.

92 Audi V8 Quattro

90 Corrado G60T

71 VW 1302S

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider