Gå til innhold

Chassis Modfication

Ranger emnet

cal12v

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello, ive just moved to norway from Australia and im after some advice on allowable modifications.

Since being here i found that my social life has relaxed quite a bit so i figure i might buy an old pickup and fix it up with all this spare time. Im interested in mini-trucks ie an extremly lowered pickup riding on air bags ect..

Im finding it hard to get information on whats allowed to be done to the actual chassis of a car, i understand the vehcle must be safe/roadworthy but i rules on chassis mods seem very grey.

I looked through a very thick book (car mods rule book, name??)my boss gave me but once again no answers.

The main modifications i want to perform are removal or the rear leaf suspension and installing a 4link rear end, and remove the torsion bar front suspension replacing all springs with air bags and relocating the shock absorbers.

Adjustment to ride height would then be made by a switch box inside the car.

Now i know that norwegian road rules are very strict so i dont have high hopes but im hoping maybe for a loophole or discrepancy that someone may know of. Maybe a hot rodder or american car nut might be able to help i dont know?

sorry about the length and the use of english. i have only been taught norwegian swear words.

thanks for any help

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As a starter, every Norwegian car have to be controlled on a authorized workshop every second year. This is called the EU-inspection. You have to pass this test if your car should be legal to drive on the roads.

If you do some modifications on your car you need to get it wrote down in the cars registration book. This could be done by showing the car at the workshop at "statens vegvesen". (Statens vegvesen is the Norwegian road authority) I`m not so into this kind of stuff, but the suspension you are going to use have to be E-labeled. This means that they are legal in the European Union. Ask your dealer about this. You have to bring the papers you got with the suspension to Statens Vegvesen. The car also need to be minimum 11 cm from the lowest part on the car to the ground.

As a said before, i`m not an expert on this. I think you should send Statens Vegvesen a mail on this address: firmapost-sor@vegvesen.no

Einar, also from Kongsberg :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider