Golf II GTI 16V

Ranger emnet

Alexander86

Anbefalte innlegg

• Svar 50
  • Created
  • Siste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Skal du ha godt bunndrag i den skaffer du en 9A komplett bunndel, sitter i gamle Passat 16V fra 90-92. Da får du 2-liter.

I tillegg må du ha KN-filter og effektanlegg.

Hvis du har en KR (86-89 mod) holder det med dette, har du en PL (90-92 mod) må du i tillegg ha en KR innsugskam.

Dette er den billigste og mest effektive trimmingen av denne bilen.

Tlf. 984 99 155

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Originally posted by UltraComp

med bunndel så mener du blokka? bare lurer.. ;)

Blokk med veiv, stempler og råder. Her er boring og slaglengde 82,5 x 92,8 i motsetning til KR/PL som har 81 x 86,4.

En honing av sylindrene og nye stempelfjærer, samt skifte av rammelager/rådelager er det som trengs for å få en underdel som er som ny.

Tlf. 984 99 155

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

En annen ting, passer kammakselne fra KR motorene på PL motorene? Etter det jeg har forstått er det vel samme motoren men andre kammer og innsprøytningstyring + katalysator?

Broooom! See you when you get there..

Det er ikke farten som dreper, det er bråstoppen!

http://www.bilforumet.net/showthread.php?t=73092

90 BMW 320i

(x) 89 VW Corrado G60

(x) 88 Golf mk2 GTI 16V

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Originally posted by UltraComp

En annen ting, passer kammakselne fra KR motorene på PL motorene? Etter det jeg har forstått er det vel samme motoren men andre kammer og innsprøytningstyring + katalysator?

Kammene går om hverandre, dette gjelder alle VW's 16V-motorer.

KR har K-jetronic, et mekanisk innsprøytningssystem og PL har KE-jetronic som er elektronisk. PL har som du sier katalysator.

Det finner tuning-chip til PL fra ulike leverandører.

Tlf. 984 99 155

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

16V Mods That Work

Here are the best modifications for your money, for your 16V car.

Cut-out airbox. Greatly improves throttle response, and makes a nice growl. Might even give a couple of hp. On 87-89 cars, cut out the front of the airbox, or remove the side cover. On 90-91 cars, simply pop out the "horn" looking restrictor.

87-89 cars: Autotech power module. Will make the car pull from 5500-7000rpms, a lot better. A MUST for 2.0 conversions.

90-92 cars: Performance chip (I recommend Garrett). Will make everything better: low end, mid range, top end. EXCELLENT upgrade.

Cat-back (straight-through) exhaust: Can sound good (I use a Borla 19 inch muffler), and gives better top end power. Most noticeable from 5000-7000 rpms. Gives 4-5 hp over stock. Dropped 3 tenths off my 1/4 mile time.

Solid rubber motor mounts. If you have those piece of crap hydraulic mounts on your car, get rid of them. Makes driving your car so much better. Smoother, cleaner shifts.

Euro intake cam (KR) Will make the car pull a bit better from 5000-7000 rpms. Gives about 5 hp. Not a monstrous difference, but well worth the money, if you can buy it for $200 or less. It's smog legal, idles smooth, doesn't hurt gas mileage, and doesn't hurt your low end power.

Rabbit GTI 4K tranny. People complain about the 1.8 16V not having enough torque (most of the time, their cars are way out of tune). This tranny will eliminate that problem. It is the BEST upgrade, next to a 2.0 Liter shortblock. Night and day difference in acceleration.

2.0 Liter shortblock (only if you own a 1.8, of course...). Will turn your Civic-killer, into a Mustang fighter. LOTS more torque. The ultimate upgrade. Surprise the shit out of lots of people, especially old M3's, mustangs, talons, GS-R's, etc.

For 90-92 cars: The 1.8 16V (KR PL) head. Claimed to give 10 hp at top end, will a tiny loss of torque. Will make your 2.0 rev past 6000, much, much better.

We drag raced two nearly identical GTI's, one having the 1.8 head, and the other having the 2.0 head, and every time, the cars would be even through 1st and 2nd gears, but the car with the 1.8 head would always pull away in 3rd gear.

Even though I list this last, this is the MOST important upgrade: If you haven't ever replaced the injector 0-rings on you 16V, you MUST do it. You are losing power, and gas mileage. Make sure to replace them with VITON 0-rings, not the standard rubber ones. (the 90-92 cars came from the factory with Viton 0-rings, they are good for at least 80,000-100,000 miles). You would not believe the difference these one dollar little things make in your engine's performance. Remember: vacuum leaks are BAD, they throw off your fuel mixture.

Tlf. 984 99 155

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider